This article is only applicable for SwyxWare < 12.40. Starting with SwyxWare 12.40 using the skins marked with "RemoteConnector" is sufficient to run Web-Extensions through RemoteConnector and the internal LAN.
Before SwyxWare 12.40
When using Remote-Connector to connect to SwyxWare without a VPN-connection you will experience the problem that content from 3iMedia products using Web-Extensions in SwyxIt! is not shown. This is due the fact that traffic from web-sites used in Web-Extensions is not routet through the Remote-Connector connection.
In order to route even Web-Extension traffic through Remote-Connector follow these steps:
- On Swyx-Server < 12.20 create a registry key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Swyx\IpPbxConnectSrv\CurrentVersion\Options
- On Swyx-Server > 12.20 create a registry key under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node\Swyx\IpPbxConnectSrv\CurrentVersion\Options
- Restart SwyxWare Remote-Connector Service
- Be aware that on updating SwyxWare from < 12.20 to > 12.20 the registry has to be changed. It might make sense to create both of them in the first place.
If you now start the SwyxIt! client and connect via Remote-Connector you should be able to access e.g. Queue Controller Website by calling http://localhost:81. This only works as long as SwyxIt! is running.
Although traffic is now routet through the Remote-Connector tunnel Web-Extensions might still not work. This is due to the fact that SwyxIt! does not return localhost or 127.0.0.1 as variable for %ActiveServerName% which is used in Web-Extensions.
In order to circumvent that consider one of the following possibilities:
- Change the PBX server name in SwyxIt! client settings (not Remote-Connector) to localhost or 127.0.0.1. Set Remote-Connector setting to "always".
- Create a hosts entry on the client which resolves the server name set in SwyxIt! to 127.0.0.1. Set Remote-Connector setting to "always".
- Change your DNS entry for Swyx-Server (e.g. ippbxsrv) to 127.0.0.1. Please be aware that this settings applies to all users using this DNS-server. Because of that, consider using a split-DNS configuration if Remote-Connector setting is set to "auto" as the DNS should return the actual IP-address of Swyx-Server in LAN and 127.0.0.1 when called from external via Remote-Connector